Sunday, October 13, 2013

Indian classical music videos and compositions? Yes, yes, and yes!

As part of Drive East in 2013, we worked with IndianRaga on their fellowship concept. Once the decision to bring them on board was made, Navatman and IndianRaga took a close look at what they were doing. And we thought, if we're going to invest so much money, why not take a huge risk and do something we want to do?

For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to encourage compositions exactly like this and make classical music videos. Harnessing the power of visuals and recording studios, Indian classical music gets to rope certain resources that it has long kept at bay for reasons I can't quite understand.

Regardless, here are the three videos we worked to create, and for once, I wasn't the lead on this project! A huge shoutout to Sriram Emani for making it happen. And yes, the director is my forever favorite Jesse Newman.





No comments:

Post a Comment